Baby starved in her bassinet after her parents suffered fatal drug overdoses
RIP Summer Chambers
A five-month-old Pennsylvania girl starved to death in her bassinet after her parents died of drug overdoses, according to a coroner.
Autopsy and toxicology reports confirmed that Summer Chambers died of dehydration and starvation in the Kernville home a few days before Christmas, the Cambria County coroner’s office said.
Coroner Jeff Lees called the case ‘heart-wrenching’ and ruled the infant’s death homicide due to parental neglect.
Lees, per The Tribune-Democrat, said: ‘It’s a heart-wrenching case for our office, law enforcement, the district attorney’s office, all agencies involved.